linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Saturday, September 14, 2013

the August collection.

September has to be one of my favorite months.
Autumn is definitely my favorite season, from the delicious sight of leaves flying up on the road in a wild golden dance around my tires to walking through crisp, flaming woods in my favorite garb - boots, denim skirt, plaid lined Carhartt jacket.  Bringing in the harvest and spending hours preserving, slicing, pounding (bring on the sauerkraut!), gathering is the best time in the world for thinking and pondering and making memories.

Autumn is also immensely challenging for me, knowing that winter is coming and signaling the swift end of sweet, careless, warm summertime.  It really makes a difference when you have closed doors and sealed windows - or canvas - between you and five months of ice.  This year I'm safe and snug in the bus, but that feeling of urgency, and yes, of fear, is still lurking there somewhere as the days get shorter and shorter and the hills start to show gold in their hazy slopes.  
I think I've done the most growing spiritually in the Autumns of my life, and this one has been no exception.

September started out jet-propelled and hasn't really lost any momentum since, and taking a break from blogging has been a sort of unplanned sanity preserving emergency protocol.  I missed the blog, but every once in a while it's great to take a step back and get a fresh grip.  I'm all fired up again and ready to roll!

Ready for the Kellie Falconer Design Autumn 2013 collection?  It's been a labor of love and a long time in the works, but I'm so excited to show you what I've been working on.  Stay tuned!

And now some favorite moments from August, the august of easily the best summer of my whole life.
Allons-y!
Ellen and I helped serve at our friend and neighbor Sarah's wedding, which was absolutely beautiful.

Waking to this all summer long, the breeze a gentle kiss and the sunlight dappled, is perfection.

Then walking twenty feet to work in the Wall Tent Studio.

 

County Fair
I got to make some music with Peggy Carter again this year!
This was my first rodeo.  To watch.  

Once on a time, years ago, I was directed to wait in the middle of the ring by the Judge while showing my insane and beloved Riley in 4-H Stockseat Equitation after an episode of bronc busting started to make me an object of annoyance and terror to the other contestants.  The Judge informed me that the rodeo wasn't until September.  Once in the center of the arena, Riley proceeded to pull a Hi-Ho Silver on me and reared his full length in the air - I flew off his back and guys, landed on my feet with reins in hand.  Then, instead of making an epic bow to the crowd (like my 4-H leader joked that I should if I fell off), I belabored Riley's rebellious hide with my reins and climbed back on.

Anyways.  
It was fun to finally sit in the grandstands and watch it all unfold around the next insane cowboy.
Above, the Pyrotechnic Headaches.
How could one month hold so much epic weirdness?
I hope the last few weeks have been full, blessed, and full of sweet memories for you.
 Happy trails, y'all.

8 comments:

  1. August was without a doubt the best month of this incredible summer!
    Love all of the pictures so much...but you know which one is my favorite;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cowboy boot shirt is so cute! I would love to own it!
    Did you make it?
    Many blessings, Cassie
    calicoclodhoppers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cassie! I did make it.

      Delete
  3. It looks like you had an incredible August! I loved seeing a glimpse into your summer.(: lovely photos!

    ~Vicki
    decked out in ruffles

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful photo collage of summer bests! I am so happy that you had so many memorable moments packed into those beautiful warm sunny days! Please give Lilly a big hug and congrats for her first place ribbon! Beautiful work! And seeing you with the hammered dulcimer is reminding me I have to get mine out, tune it up and get busy remembering how to play it. I love the sound of the music it makes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun filled August! Like usual I really enjoyed seeing all the photos of things you've been up to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic western boot shirt! I think that I will start with making an apron out of similar fabric (when I find some)... but oh it would be so dreamy to make a shirt/more so wear a shirt just like that. :) I went to my first rodeo in June & had a blast. ~Clare

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...