linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Sunday, June 09, 2013

The Golden Road

Today was an absolutely beautiful, sublimely perfect day.

I officially have my own wheels as of this week, which meant I could finally car pool down with my friends (Tasha and Alex) to visit their church, which I've been wanting to do for a long while.  
It was so good to fellowship and meet some new faces.  It was so sweet to stand with a congregation and sing - those precious, familiar words I've loved all my life.  My family has been home churching for a few years, and while it's been an incredible blessing, I have missed those things.

The three of us spent the afternoon lazing around, soaking in sunshine and doing cool stuff like nothing in particular.  It's amazing what rest and revival doing nothing in particular can be.

As I drove home over the country back roads, the late sun slanting over the stands of trees and brilliant sun flares hiding in every corner, my heart was so full of joy.  
It was one of those moments you never forget.

One of my favorite verses came to mind, especially pertinent for me this week because of the even more than usual amount of stress and craziness.
The imagery here is so beautiful.  To gird about is reminiscent of putting on armor, preparing for battle.  Girded with gladness?  May we always be.

"Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; to the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent . O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever."
--Psalms 30:11-12 


My artistic third-littlest sister hand tooled my keyring fob.  It's so incredibly beautiful.
Now Algy and I can go Bunburying all over the place (an Importance of Being Earnest reference, for the uninitiated!), and I'm completely stoked to discover new locations for photo shoots!  

My tripod now lives in the car, so be on the lookout for my newest discoveries in Geographical Oddities.  
Coming up next - the day I gadded off to a Glamping campground and met up with the sweetest Farmgirls ever!

cardigan
ruffle cami
lace insert skirt
scarf
sunnies
} thrifted
Hawaiian sandals // gift
linking with:

11 comments:

  1. Whoop!! Wheels for you! Let the Bunburying begin in earnest. Congratulations on your new car complete with sweetest car ring from your sister. The world just got a whole lot bigger and closer! Love your outfit for the first big outing with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, and thanks for the wonderful music too! And for sharing with VisibleMonday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- that skirt is amazing! Alex

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4239571/into-the-woods

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah! for your new wheels and new-found mobility! I don't know if Tasha's mentioned it to you, but last I heard, she has something brewing up her sleeve to celebrate. :-D

    I lovelovelove your skirt, Dahling. It's given me an idea for a similar one in my own wardrobe....

    Oh wow--your sister made your keyring?! It looks so professional, I thought you just bought it somewhere. What a blessing to have such a talented and giving sister. :-)

    God bless, and HTSYS,
    ~"Tom"~

    P.S.
    I love that verse--although I'm ashamed to admit I'd forgotten all about it. *Blush* Thanks for the reminder!
    ~"TWR"~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look! Now following you on GFC hope you will follow me also. Thanks for linking up with us!
    XO
    dani
    Love Me, Dani Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos! I love the story they tell. The diaphanous scarf with the polka dots! So pretty!

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, LOVE that section of Goodhope Road!!! The afternoon lighting is always so beautiful there. Lovely, lovely photoshoot, dear. You're getting quite good at those selfies. ;)

    I'm so glad you came with us. That was such a nice afternoon...even if I had a mini meltdown because I needed some space. lol. After I get home from a potluck Sunday I usually spend the rest of the day recuperating from being around people for an extended period of time. Sad, but true.

    I can't wait to see what other adventures we'll have now that you're Miss Independent Wheels! *grin*

    Love you more than I can ever begin to say,
    ~me~
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit! Simply gorgeous! Congrats on the new wheels :)

    ~Hannah Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY to a new car! And I love love love that skirt!

    Iris♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delightful pictorial. Beautifully done. The lace skirt is so pretty. I have learned a new term Bunburying.

    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...