linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Outfit | Flower Market

 
 
May I introduce you to this lovely little thing?  Yes, that's right - my Cath Kidston dream has come true at last!  I LOOOVE it to pieces.  Sometime soon I need to do a 'what's in my bag' post and share the loveliness some more;)

 
Flowers on the stove means it's warming up in the Wall Tent!  Yippee!  
No more soot-blackened knuckles from morning fire building! =D

When you get a call during a photoshoot, don't forget to smile.  You just know the photographer is going to shoot you!
One moment the forest is flooded with warm, golden light, and the next massive clouds sweep over the landscape, sending the world into a shadowed and dreamlike hush.
But as a sort of standard, Spring's flowers come marching, defying the snow and hail.  This week it's the tulips, narcissus and pansies - the daffodils have come and gone.

Yesterday after I dressed, I realized that everything perfectly matched spring's floral color palette!
The splash of citrus and berry tones was the perfect match for my mood.  
Ellen and I tried to make this outfit shoot as 'civilized' as possible - there's nothing but forest and dirt roads for us to work with, but I wanted to picture a spring flower market with this one.  The purse, sunglasses and heels helped give the impression of civilization, but I'm determined to get a photoshoot with a real town backdrop sometime! ;)

In spite of everything, though, I wouldn't want to be anywhere other than the front row seat I have right here of Springtime in North Idaho.  It's one spectacular show.

How has your spring been?  Blazing?  Dripping?  All of the above?  Do share!

12 comments:

  1. Kellie, this outfit is so adorable(like always)! I love that picture where you are smelling the flowers, it's so crisp and clear and I am so happy that you finally have your dream Cath Kidston purse!

    keep up the great writing,
    -rosi

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are so nice! And I must agree--the purse is darling. This is only my second time visiting your blog, but you've got something lovely going here.

    Spring where I am has been very unpredictable and disappointing, unfortunately. In March we had a delightful surprise of warmth and sunshine, and all the tulips and daffodils came up early, but now we're nearly flowerless. I'm looking forward to buying some annuals to plant, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, spectacularly, beautiful!!!
    I think this might be my favorite outfit post yet=)
    I especially love the photo by the old chicken coop, with the purse, flowers and shoes...and the one of you walking through the grass towards the log...and the b&w one by the log stack. <3
    I have the most beautiful, stylish and creative best friend in the world!!

    Love ya to pieces,
    ~Tasha~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos!! My spring is always the same year round. Although, it does get a tad bit warmer in the summer, but it's still paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed the CAth Kidston purse, too. :D Happy you got it!

    -Iris♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. The PURSE has arrived at the Wall Tent Studio just in time for a glorious SPRING! Love your denim combo for a day at the "flower market" in the cedar woods of your north Idaho residence. The photo of you on the phone is just the cutest!To me , it sums up the "look" of a young, beautiful, and talented CEO of the KFD Wall Tent Studio!! Lovely, Strong, Gracious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photo shoot, Kellie! I love that purse & want one just like it :)

    ~Camille

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aha! The famous longed-for Cath Kidson Purse! Loverly...but then, anything with roses on it is a go in my book. ;-) Congrats on a dream come true!

    Dahling, you ARE Lady Spring in those cheery colors, with the beautiful flowers--but with a modern twist ala cellphone and sunglasses, LOL.

    God bless, and enjoy the sunshine!
    ~"Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your outfits are so inspiring! I just adore the purse, too!

    http://hopefulforhomemaking.blogspot.com

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely outfit.. And I am soooo happy for you , that you got your CK purse.. It is beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  11. First, I want to let you know I really enjoy your blog. It always puts a little sunshine in my day! Second, I want to let you know I've nominated you for the Sunshine Award. (See the link below!)

    http://caterpillartooth.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/the-sunshine-award/

    Keep up the great work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much, everybody! You're the sweetest;)

    And Laura, thank you *so* much! I'm sadly behind on awards & tags (as in, years...;), but I'm honored to be nominated, and am planning to get that all caught up soon.
    Stay tuned;D

    --Kellie

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...