linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Chatelaine of Sorts

The stillness.  It's a beautiful thing to be alone once in awhile, alone to listen to the promptings of your mind, free to ponder those small, dreamy, far-off imaginings that the hectic whirl of everyday life keeps sealed in a distant corner of your mind.  The clock completely unimportant except for it's reminder that hungry horses await their morning and evening meals, the list you brought with projects you hope to accomplish really more like guidelines than an actual rule to follow.  Sit for hours on end, scribbling in your journal, refilling your tea, and delving undisturbed into the scriptures.  
Of course, when the stillness becomes too loud, who's to care if you suddenly shatter it with a spirited, top-of-the-lungs rendition of If I were a Rich Man or maybe some impromptu opera.

Then there's always sewing and movies... 
Secretariat!  O Happy Day is some really great singing, too...;)
And here's a peek at my nearly complete medieval gown! *squeal*  I've based it off of the dress Rowena wears to the Jousting tourney in the A&E Ivanhoe.  It's one of my very favorite medieval gowns from film... right up there with Olivia de Havilland's Maid Marian balcony gown... :smile:
Watching the sunrise never fails to fill me with unspeakable joy.  My very heart aches with the beauty and wonder of it... 
(And that little mountain on the left is where I call home!)
So wonderful to be home. 
But every once in a while, it's good to be a Chatelaine.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back and thanks for sharing some of your respite moments! Your medieval gown is quite beautiful and looking forward to the finished product. Do you have someplace in mind to wear it soon? And yes, what is it about the beauty of coming back home?? It seems that no matter where one goes or how long, there comes a nagging yearning to return to our own "nest". The snowy field is amazing to me because it was 83 degrees today???? Are we living on the same planet this January???

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in an absolutely beautiful part of this world! Thank you for sharing the loveliness with your blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Your creativity is so inspiring & I love reading your blog. :) Secretariat is a wonderful movie! I once started Ivanhoe, but never really dug into it. Maybe I should give it another chance? Blessings!

    - Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a simply marvelous vacation, dear.
    Gorgeous pictures.

    Ooh!!! Your dress is looking soooo beautiful! Ah! I love it! =)
    Now I'm inspired to finish mine...once I borrow the pattern from you. ;)

    Love you and htsys,
    ~Tasha~

    ReplyDelete
  5. QUOTE: "...a spirited, top-of-the-lungs rendition of If I were a Rich Man or maybe some impromptu opera."
    LOL! I can actually see you doing that. ;-)

    Your Rowena gown is lovely--what we can see of it. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

    God bless,
    ~"Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...