linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Monday, November 21, 2011

Dream of a Wardrobe

My current pictorial sewing list - so far only the brown linen and the dirndl skirt are crossed off. 

But coming soon - a china-blue windowpane check blouse with lace peter pan collar + a wheat-colored ruffle shawl collar regency style blouse!

Such delicious chocolate colored linen...
This skirt is now available for purchase!

A beautiful sight for the seamstress.


I also just ordered some sumptuous plaid wool suiting in a sage/brown with teal accents.
I am smitten with the asymmetrical styling of this Highland Romance skirt from ModCloth, and as soon as I saw this fabric, I decided to go for it.

Pinned ImageWool Suiting Plaid Sage/Brown
Oh so yummy!
While I was at it, I selected some of this beautiful cotton baby rib knit to experiment with.  I've been thinking about trying some knit blouse-style tops for awhile now, and this material would look so lovely with the plaid above!
Cotton Baby Rib Knit Olive
Pinned ImagePinned ImagePinned Image

As you can tell, I'm quite inspired at the moment by plaids, ruffles, Anthro-style sweaters, and woodland tones...
What kind of fashions have you been loving lately?

3 comments:

  1. I know it is winter but I have been loving floral patterns and anything knit/crocheted!

    Can't wait to see your finished results! Love your site!

    Much love,
    -Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I'll take one of each, please;)
    The plaid skirt is going to be darling and I'm in love with both of your blouses already.
    Can I borrow the patterns when you're done? =)
    HTSYS=D
    Love,
    ~Tasha~

    ReplyDelete
  3. QUOTE: "What kind of fashions have you been loving lately?"

    For Spring/Summer, Regency-style gowns or those cute peasant-type Gunne Sax dresses from the '70s. Also some Romantic/early-Victorian gowns...but simplified, like Molly Gibson's clothes in "Wives and Daughters."
    For Winter, Princess-seamed dresses with a slightly Medieval/Renaissance/fantasy flavor. Puffed upper sleeves with fitted lowers, nicely tailored bodices and FULL flared skirts to twirl in...that sort of thing. :-)

    Love your pictorial sewing list. So much easier than writing out two paragraphs of details so you'll know what you're talking about, LOL. I'm especially intrigued by that Medieval-looking gown at the bottom....;-)

    That windowpane check is going to be adorable, especially with the lace collar--it's so you!

    Love that other pattern with the tucks (?) in the bodice, too. Reminds me of my "Wood Violet" blouse. Very cute.

    God bless,
    Happy sewing,
    and have a blessed Thanksgiving,
    ~"Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...