linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Wee Bit o' Scottish Mood

First, I put on my cheerful red tam and comforting blue Wellingtons (I usually call them rubber boots - but when I'm in a Scottish Mood... they're Wellingtons) and milked the goats.  I always wear a tam when I'm in a Scottish Mood - which nearly always occurs when it's damp and foggy.
Next, piping hot ginger tea and several chapters in 1 Thessalonians.  Tilda made breakfast - the dear!  By the way - these are some of my favorite things.  Just thought you'd like to know that.
Some dear friends of ours who are market farmers stopped by with some new potatoes, cabbage, and fresh sunflowers, and we sang some hymns and chatted awhile.
Later, Ma, the girls and I had a tea party with Walker's shortbread (in keeping with my Scottish Mood), and then some sewing projects appeared.  
Alexander Scourby is reading Joshua at the moment.
Och aye, it's been a lovely day.
"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep, sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.  Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. . . Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole  spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it."
1 Thessalonians 5:5-11, 16-24
Will ye' no come back again?
While the Scottish Mood lasts, I remain,
Yours truly,
~Miss Margery Stuart~
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

1 comment:

  1. This so very much touch My heart & soul this eveing reading 1 Thessalonians 5:5-11, 16-24...
    I am in Christ & He is in me! 'What an Awesome God we share''
    Bless You for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...